We chose Doe Bay Resort as a place to gather because it can
accommodate all of us in a beautiful setting,
maximizing opportunities to interact while
minimizing logistical effort (once you get there!). Please
peruse the information about Doe Bay and consider claiming one of
the reservations we've made for you there.
For family (and friends who prefer
less rustic abodes), we've included some recommended alternatives
that are relatively nearby.
Doe Bay Resort
The Doe Bay
Resort web site is a good place to get oriented. We have
reserved for you all a constellation of cabins, yurts, "greenhouse" cabins,
and camp sites, mostly clustered around the water front.
With reference to the Resort accomodation map and
the table of reserved and available
accomodations, including rates and occupancy, please
contact the Doe Bay office staff
(360-376-2291), identify yourself as a member of the Reese/Veirs
wedding party, and work with them to assign your name to an
Around June 1, we will cancel any unclaimed reservations, and
the choices may be scant. Please note that there is
a reservation deposit of 1/2 the
projected cost of your stay; complete payment is due upon check
out. While we trust that our time at Doe Bay will be completely
fantastic, we refer you to a few independent
opinions of the place gleaned from the web, to engage your patience,
flexibility, and sympathy.
We have reserved the following Bed and Breakfasts
near Doe Bay (for family members, and friends with special needs).
Please contact one that interests you, identify
yourself as part of the Veirs/Reese wedding group, and work with
them to select an available room.
- Spring Bay (360-376-5531)
- 5 doubles; $165-$215/night inc. breakfast, brunch,
kayak tour, evening wine and tea; secluded with private beach,
hot tub, and many hiking opportunities in neighboring
Obstruction Pass State Park; about 10 minutes by car from Doe Bay.
- Otter's Pond (888-893-9680)
- 3 doubles reserved; $75-$125; hot tub and dining area overlooking
the otters' pond nestled in conifers; about 10 minutes by car from
- Buck Bay Farm (360-376-2908)
- 6 doubles; about $75-$95; closest to Doe Bay, with hot tub
and amiable animals.
- Sand Dollar (360-376-5696)
- 4 doubles; $88-$125; similarly close to Doe Bay (~5 minutes
by car), overlooking grassy fields and a placid bay.
Other recommended lodging locations proximal to Doe Bay are:
- Rosario Resort (800-562-8820 or 360-376-2222)
- Elegant and not too far away (~10 minutes by car from Doe Bay);
- Lieberhaven Resort (360-376-2472)
- 12 1-2bedroom cabins abutting the beach at Obstruction Pass,
about 10 minutes from Doe Bay; $80+.
- Outlook Inn (360-376-2200)
- One of many options in the village of Eastsound, about
15 minutes by car from Doe Bay; 41 rooms and suites; $34-$225.
Places to stay if you want to spend time on the mainland:
- B&Bs in Anacortes and
- Close to the islands. If you misss the ferry, these will be useful.
- Bed and Breakfasts in the San Juan Islands
- A partial list of registered B&Bs on the islands, in Seattle, and beyond...
- Washington State B&B's
- A state-wide list of B&Bs.
Overview | How to get
Where to stay | What to bring | Recreation opportunities
Don't hesitate to contact us for more information or with questions:
Annie -- 650.261.9162